Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Where do YOU see yourself in twenty years?

My life story is being written everyday. "How do I want to be remembered?" I ask myself. College is an important thing in my family. My mother was the first one in her family to ever go to college, and she has her Masters Degree and a wonderful job doing on-camera work for a company that is very flexible and supportive of her. My father also went to college, as well as his 2 brothers, and has been working in television pretty much his whole life. My step mom went to college too, and has had the privilege to work and do many different things throughout her life. College means a lot to me, and I haven't even had the experience yet.

 

When I graduate high school and make my journey to college, I want to make sure it's surrounded by a place I could see myself living for many years. Knowing I could very well be there for 4 or more years, I try to think of myself and how I could operate in those surroundings. "Do I want to be in a city? By nature? Close to the ocean or the mountains?" Many questions like these come into my head as I start to juggle my options. I want to get my undergraduate degree in business and see where that puts me. If I go to a college that can quickly get me in the job market and put me in work strait after I graduate, I could save a lot of money and start making a life for myself. This excites me but then I also wonder what it would be like going for a Graduate Degree or even to get my P.H.D. "Is it too much work?" I ask myself. "Should I be less worried about social status and trying to make it to the top and be content with a job, and maybe trying to start a family, or should I challenge myself and see if I can do it". I wonder these things because the answer to my simple questions will effect how my life story is written. We all have one thing in common; As long as we're living on this earth, we have complete control of our actions and decisions. I truly believe if you want something great in life, you're really going to have to work your butt off and achieve it. Success is a good goal, but to achieve it, thats a whole other story.

No comments: