Monday, October 13, 2008

Paper Trail..

One of my favorite music artists is T.I.  I have been a fan of his music for a few years now and really like his new CD Paper Trail, which he recorded while under house arrest for being charged with possession of weapons and faces a year-long prison sentence that will begin in 2009. He’s from Atlanta and this is his sixth total album. I don’t look at him as a role model, because quite frankly that would be stupid. But I do like his music and listen to it when I’m getting ready for a football game or as I’m training for basketball. His songs have a constant bass and beat that gets me pumped up. I am a drummer so every rhythm and beat I hear instantly cranks up my adrenaline and gets me thinking of alternate beats that may sound really good along with each song. From this CD I really like the songs; My Life Your Entertainment, Swing Ya Rag, On Top Of The World, and Whatever You Like. When you listen to this new album, you can feel the songs have more passion and depth in them than his similar songs found in all his other albums, especially his previous one, T.I. vs T.I.P.  Many of my friends like Paper Trail, and I think it will be one of the best albums made by a Hip Hop artist to come out in a few years.

No comments: