Thursday, October 30, 2008

Everything I need to know.

Everything I needed to learn and still learn about is from my parents and my friends. Being around my parents I learn the basic things like; don’t steal, don’t drink, don’t smoke, don’t be mean. BASIC things. Yet very meaningful. Now obviously they talk to me more in-depth about these kinds of issues but I think you get the point of the kinds of things they have taught me and continue to teach me and the level that is at. Granted, they have taught me SO much more but for right now I want you to think about how I’m calling them “basic” things. Now maybe they’re not that basic to most people if you start to look at them more closely, but to me I feel I learn more about life and the “real world”- if you will, from my friends and peers. From school, parties, sporting events, and other activities, I am constantly bombarded by pressures and situations I learn from. I feel I confront these activities with an open mind because of the great teachers my mom and dad have been for me. Yet being out surrounded by others with no parents, I am forced to make my own decisions. It could be making fun at a kid at school, cheating on a quiz, stealing an iPod out of somebody’s backpack, and all the pressures around a school to when I’m out with friends I could be asked to drink alcohol, smoke, and end up being rowdy and careless and eventually end life how I may know it here in Edina. This meaning if I were to get caught or have somebody tell my parents about what I do, I know my basketball season, football season, church leadership, and any other activities I am involved in would be taken away in a blink of an eye. Because I have learned so much from my parents and then taking it into the “real world” of Edina, I feel very confident in my decisions and am happy I have 100% of people’s trust wherever I go.

No comments: