Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hero Worship

To me, a hero is someone that constantly, without being influenced by friends or family, does the right thing for him or herself and also for other human beings. I don’t think we as an influential and smart society can EVER say that we believe in the values and are willing to follow some “SUPER heroes” that we either see on T.V. shows or movies. We can’t look at comic books or war heroes and say they are true HEROES too because they really aren’t a hero. To me, a hero is someone who you personally have met and have had to take a step back and say, “Wow that person really has done something great.” It could be something that helps them or others but ultimately that something is some task or goal that has been met that note any one person could accomplish. A hero is somebody out of the ordinary that goes up and beyond. The only person I can think of that has been an “everyday hero” is Jesus, and I know I said a hero has to be somebody you physically have seen but of course that’s not an option for Jesus and me. Pretty much my definition of a hero is someone that does something right whether the consequences are great or minor, but it helps themselves or the people around them in a great great way.

No comments: