Saturday, September 20, 2008

Home Sick..

I hate being sick. It always seems like I catch something around this time of year, after summer and before winter, when I’m home from school. I'm pretty sure it's allergies but I've never been tested for them so I'm not positive. Last year I missed a little over a week of school with a sinus infection, where I really couldn't do anything. I can’t stand being sick for a many reasons. One because I don’t operate as well being inside all day and unable to just go run around and be with friends if I want to, plus my parents have a rule that if I’m home from school during the day, I have to be home and skip any plans or sports I have that evening. I don’t like this rule because many times I feel better after a few hours of resting but I guess I understand where they’re coming from. I also take medication and hope it will cure me of whatever bug I have in a few hours or for sure by the next morning, where in reality, the pills will take at least a few days if not more for my body to fully recover and become 100% again. This frustrates me more than anything because I do not like to wait. And I hate feeling sick, as I’m sure everybody does. Another reason I hate being under the weather is because I get really behind in school. Whether I’m out for a day or a week, it seems the workload could never be more! It’s like in the 7 hours everyone’s in school and completing assignments, I have those 7 hours to catch-up on “in-class” assignments on top of the daily homework! I just feel like I’m in a huge hole and I get stressed even more with all the work I have to make up and might be out for another two days! I’m not sick a lot, but it feels I have bad luck sometimes because whenever I am home from school, I’m usually missing a test or am out for a few days and that just takes me out of my routine. I have a lot on my plate between managing good grades, sports, friends, leading a small group of 6th grade boys at church, and taking care of my two dogs that when I’m sick and out, or delayed from doing many of the things I love to do, it really sets me back and I cant complete everything to the best of my abilities. These are reasons why I hate being sick.

No comments: